The developers have chosen to implement the FFIF in five regions of Québec:
These welcoming, enthusiastic regions have identified different organization and planning needs for implementing the FFIF. Relevant factors include openness to changes in practices, giving paternal involvement priority in the action plans, availability of health care and social services workers to participate in reflective workshops, budgets for releasing staff members and the clients targeted by the services and activities.
These settings consider this approach as an additional form of leverage to:
- promote healthy development of children and their families, and a successful school integration;
- support exclusive breastfeeding;
- prevent early marital separation and divorce;
- promote parents' mental health;
- facilitate the implementation of the international mother initiative concerning maternal safety during childbirth; and
- renew harmonious, effective practices among their organizations.